Even if you are not a good writer, you can get an inexpensive notebook or an electronic app to record responses to the following questions:
- Who am I?
- What am I naturally good at?
- What do I do without having to think about it?
- What do other people say I’m good at?
- What do I want people to say about me?
- What would I do for work if I didn’t need money?
- What experiences have been the most transformational for me?
- When have I had to make a difficult transition or change in my life?
- Who knows me the best?
As you record your insights about yourself, you can see how your answers change over time and how they change as you have new experiences. You can also share your answers with other trusted people like your academic advisors to get help making connections and seeing patterns or themes in what you have written.