Welcome to the University Advisement Center
We are here to help you make timely and informed decisions about majors, careers, and classes. We have a lot of resources at our disposal, including a great staff of academic advisors, to assist you.
Here are some of the ways we can help you:
- Help with choosing a majorand minor.
- Understanding how a major can relate to a career.
- Understanding and planning your University Core/General Education Requirements.
- Evaluating AP and IB scores.
- Evaluating transfer work (including concurrent enrollment credit). Please note that the Transfer Evaluation Office and individual College Advisement Centers review your transfer work for acceptance.
- Help with registration and course selection for students still considering a major(s).
- Providing appropriate referrals to College Advisement Centers (for students who have decided upon a major).
- Assist students who want to improve their study skills
International Students - come see us for help adjusting to the United States and BYU.
Summer Visiting Students - The University Advisement Center has also been designated as the academic "home base" for students who participate in BYU's program.
Although our advisors can review the basic requirements and pre-requisites for BYU majors with you, detailed questions should be directed to the appropriate College Advisement Center. Likewise, if you have declared or intend to declare a specific major your College Advisement Center will help you with course selection. To schedule an appointment with a University Advisement Center Advisor, click here.