- This is an activity you can do on paper that will give you a chance to gather all of your skills and interests into one place, creating a "center compass" you can use as you make decisions. Interests and skills that the compass activity explores are societal needs that are important to you, passions, abilities, and work/life values.
Worldview and Workview
- This activity gives you an opportunity to reflect on your current perspective of the world and work. What is the purpose of life? What does work mean to you? This perspective can guide you as you discover who you are and why you do the things you do.
- Have you ever wondered what gives you energy and what drains your energy? Energy mapping allows you to track and chart your energy(+/-) throughout the week to give you insights into what activities you take part in and how they effect your body and mind. Finding out what gives you positive energy might help you better understand what your interests and skills are.
Major Card Sort
- This is an online or in-person activity where you can look through a list of cards with majors on them, and sort them by your personal preferences of 'Yes', 'No', or 'Maybe'. We may never know how we truly feel about a major until we organize it and compare it with others.
- These are questions that can cause deep reflection and help us navigate who we want to become and what we want to study to get there. Choosing a college major is an important decision and thinking about who we are and what we value can help us navigate in taking this big step.
- Draw out 3 different napkin sketches of 5-year plans that will help you reach your goals and follow your dreams. Pick one to start with and then refer to your back-ups in case your initial plan isn't working out. Having plans to compare and contrast can help you decide what it is that you really want to do after college. Ask an Exploration Specialist to show you an example!
Work Values Card Sort
- This is an online or in-person activity where you can look through a list of cards with work values on them, and sort them by most important to least important. Understanding work values can help us decide what type of career might bring us the most joy and fulfillment. Does your aspired career align with the values you cherish most?
There are many ways to explore careers, it's just a matter of finding what works for you. Need some direction? Come talk with an Advisor or Exploration Specialist and they will help you take your next step.