Below are a list of questions our office receives on a daily basis with regards to admissions. Further information may be obtained by going to The information provided is not intended to replace the value of one-on-one advising but may help you find answers to your questions without having to have an appointment or stop in; please feel free to do so with any follow-up questions you may have.

Please click on the question for an expanded answer:

I’m Planning on Coming to BYU in the Future...How Can I Increase My Chances of Being Admitted to the University?

Admissions Services at BYU serve all students hoping to come to the university in the future. To better service high school students, BYU has created the Office of High School Relations. This office helps to excite prospective students about coming to BYU, and offers recommendations of courses to take during your high school experience, to enhance your application to BYU. The Office of High School Relations suggests that students complete 2-3 years of high school history or government classes, 2-3 years of lab sciences, 4 years of English, 4 years of math, and 2 years of a foreign language. To speak with a representative from the Office of High School Relations, please call (801) 422—4431, or go to room 206 of the Hinckley Center. You may also call Admissions Services at (801) 422—5000 for further suggestions on how to better your chances of being admitted to BYU.

If you are hoping to transfer to BYU from another college/university, please visit the Admissions and Transfer Evaluation Office, located in D-155 ASB, or call them at (801) 422—8522. There, you can make an appointment to speak with an admissions counselor to discuss how and when to apply to the university, in addition to strategies enhancing your application to the university. The Admissions and Transfer Evaluation Office will also evaluate your transcripts from differing universities, deciding which courses previously taken will give you credit at BYU.

I’ve Already Received a Bachelor’s Degree but Want to Keep Taking Classes...What Can I Do?

BYU’s policies are such that the university will not award a second undergraduate degree to students. For information on the Masters and Doctorate degrees offered at BYU, please visit the Graduate Studies Office, 105 FPH, or call them at (801) 422—4091. You can also find information on BYU’s advanced degrees by searching at

If a student has already completed a Bachelor’s degree but still requires prerequisite work for advanced programs, he/she may enroll at BYU as a Post-Baccalaureate student. For information on how to apply as a post-baccalaureate student, please visit the University Admissions Office, D-155 ASB, or call them at (801) 422—4104.

Students having already received a Bachelor’s degree also have the opportunity to take undergraduate classes at BYU as an evening student. However, the student will be charged graduate-school tuition. The student must meet the minimum age requirement and all others stipulated by the Division of Continuing Education. For further information and to apply as an evening student, please contact the Division of Continuing Education at (801) 422—8925, or visit them at 130 HCEB.