Dream: Just Starting
With several options, it's best to figure out what you already know about yourself and about your options. The following suggestions can help you get started:
List your current options/considerations
- What do key people say about these? (One way to find out)
Write/list what you really want in your future career-your career values
- E.g., flexible hours, $__________, lots of management responsibility, opportunities to teach, travel, use of another language, ability to create _________, be your own boss, low stress, living in a certain location, using certain skills, etc. Here are three different ways to do this [In 10 years, what do you hope your career includes? Make a list of what’s important in these [Bolles’] categories; Describe your ideal (regular) workday.]
- What do key people say about these key values?
- Are these desires/values compatible with each other?
- Compare possible options to your list of career values
- Talk to your College Advisement Center
- Discuss with key people
Click here to find other activities that will help you get started with your Dream.